10 January 2007

First Finish of 2007 - Lombard Street Socks

Anna's Socks (aka Lombard Street Socks from Magknits):
Start: 03 January 2007.
Finish: 09 January 2007. First FO of the year.
Yarn: Fortissima Socka in Orange, 2 skeins (about 1/4 skein remaining)
Needles: Size 2 Brittany DPNs
Modifications: None.

As per usual, click for a larger version.

Lombard Street Socks - WIP
The sock in progress. I'm really pleased with how the heel-flap turned out.
I also like how the cable twists up the back of the leg - reminds me of seamed stockings.
Lombard Street Socks - 1 down
Her feet are a little longer than mine, so the toe looks super pointy. Her legs are also skinnier than mine, so the picot edge shouldn't be as wavy on her.
Knitting 023
Side view. (And I really made a mess of the place I was staying at over the holidays. Good thing I cleaned up before I left.)
Lombard St Socks - close up
Detail shot of the cabling and lacework.
Lombard St. Socks - angle
Obligatory angle shot.
Lombard St Socks - complete
And they're done! All that's left now is a quick wash, a bit of blocking, and off they go!

Before getting to the airport yesterday, I was two rows past the heel cup. I knit off and on through my flights and layovers (I really should have slept more, but the socks did not suffer because of my sleep deprivation), and finished them a few hours after I got back to the place where my stuff is (aka: home for now). I'm generally pleased with how they turned out, and now I really want a pair of orange socks for myself. But not this pattern, and not anytime soon.

The thing that made me giggle most of all when I was knitting in the airports? The PA voice saying, "Attention passengers. The current threat level, according to the Department of Homeland Security, is orange." I'd look down at my knitting and think, "yeah it is!" The next flight I go on, I think I'll make it a point to knit something in a color matching the current threat level.

Here's hoping the numbers she gave me were right and they fit like a dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!