25 February 2007

Simple Knitted Bodice (part II)

The one thing I've learned about creating handcrafts through the years is that if you don't love it, rework it otherwise you'll never use it.

So I ripped out most of the body of the SKB today. It needed another inch (maybe 2, maybe 1.5) so the lace panel didn't pull up towards the bust, but there wasn't quite the need for short-row bust shaping.

I also found that my gauge does differ between my KnitPicks Options (which I'm in LOVE with, let me tell you!) and when I switch to my Brittany Birch DPNs (which I love, too, but they have a more limited use). So, it's time to do a KP order for some DPNs in sizes I use a lot and see if that helps any with the gauge issue. Not a big deal with SKB or Somewhat Cowl, but I suspect that Tubey (especially because I'm working it on Lion Brand Microfiber - an acrylic) might have issue with the grippy-ness of the birch DPNs.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out a good way to let my sweater do it's thing when I'm working on the sleeve so I don't have to untwist it every row. I'm wondering if I could jerry-rig a lazy susan to fit on my lap while I do that. *shrug*

No comments: