24 February 2007

Simple Knitted Bodice

I cast off the first sleeve this evening. I had to order some more SRK Irise from my former LYS, Sew EZ Too, in Spokane, WA.

Let me say that the folks in the "Yarn Room" at Sew EZ Too are fantastic. I called with the name of the yarn and the colorway. Rather than just letting me order it from that, she asked me to describe the color and the yarn, just so I would be getting the proper yarn.

Will update with a photo tomorrow. So far, I'm liking it. I think, if I made another iteration, there are a few more modifications I'd make. I need to figure out where/when/formula for short row shaping through the bust and how much I should do and how it all works. But all in all, it should be suitable for a coffee meeting, or a lecture, or any number of things. And it's in warm neutrals, so it should match the eventual gold jewelry for my (soon to come) nose piercing.

While I'm waiting for the yarn I ordered, I'll be working on Tubey and finishing those "this is taking me forever" bamboo socks. The next pair of socks are either going to be another pair of Grumperina's Jaywalkers or Cookie's Monkey Socks out of Knitty. That, or I'll start in on a pair of Endpaper Mitts because I'll need the colorwork practice for the Deep V Argyle Vest.

The knitting never stops.

No comments: