04 March 2007

Simple Knitted Bodice (part IV)

And she's blocking. Yay!

Yarn used
Main Color: Lana Grossa Feeling in Ivory (7 skeins)
Contrasting Color: SRK Irise in Oyster (2+ skeins)

Lana Grossa Feeling is DK weight yarn I got close to gauge (close enough to not have to do substantial modifications to the pattern) and the sweater turned out nice, but a wee bit translucent since it calls for worsted weight yarn. I'm not overly concerned, as I like it and I was planning on wearing something under it anyway.

Next iteration I make of this will be worsted weight, or close to. I have a yummy silvery mohair yarn that's been begging to be turned into something... At first I thought it would be a Kiri shawl (nope), then a simple fuzzy sweater (pass), and after seeing how this pattern knits up, I figured that it might be a good move to use the silver on this pattern. I probably won't start it for a few projects (*sigh* so many projects... so little motivation), as I have a list a mile long that I want to work on... Next is probably going to be the Mermaid blazer.

Pictures will be forthcoming when the the sweater dries. I think it looks very sweet on, so I'd rather show it off on me than laying flat on a blocking board... But, it does look very nice. I think when I do Sahara (DK weight yarn, worsted called for in pattern), I'm going to alter the pattern to suit my gauge, not the other way 'round.

No comments: