24 May 2007

Green, black, brown... I'm sensing a theme, here.

Here it is... My long languishing French Market Bag from Knitty.

I don't remember all the stats, but I'll do my best.

Yarn: Cascade 220 in Black, 220 Heathers in Hunter Green
Needles: Size 7 in Boye Needlemaster, then KnitPicks Options
Modifications: Increased green section to 10" instead of 8" for a slightly deeper bag
Fulling: Tossed in the wash as a small load with a pair of jean shorts (which I meant to change into because they were clean and the jeans I was wearing were dirty, but my lovely brain struck again) and some Seventh Generation liquid detergent on "Cottons" setting (hot/cold). Because I added a titch too much laundry soap, I rinsed it in the sink after.

Other News:
I've started on a Kiri Shawl with the second skein of Handmaiden's Sea Silk because I'm just not feeling the Clapotis in the sea silk. Wish I could, really do, but I'm just not feeling the love there.

So, I'm through the first chart of Kiri, and a few rows into the second. As with all shawls, it doesn't look like much right now, so no photos. If I hit the end of the second chart and find myself in love with the pattern, Clapotis Sea Silk is getting frogged with a vengeance.

No comments: