09 June 2007

Sunshine Top by Lily Go

Date Started: 25 May 2007
Date Completed: 05 June 2007
Pattern: Sunshine Top by Lily Go, pattern written for fingering or DK weight yarn in 40".
Yarn: SWTC Bamboo in Cobalt from DiscontinuedBrandNameYarn.com, about 3.6 skeins.
Needles: US6 Addi Natura (Bamboo) 32" circulars.
Modifications: I didn't get gauge, but the top-down construction of this top made it easy to modify and keep knitting until the raglan sleeves were wide enough. The pattern calls for 3/4 length sleeves, but I opted for a t-shirt length sleeve for summer wear. I added in short rows (1.75") to fit my bust. I also reduced the seed stitch cuff on the sleeves to 6 rows (from 3" as called for in the pattern).
Thoughts on the knit (or what I'd do differently next time): I don't like where the waist panel hits on me, but I suspect that has more to do with my rolly belly than the design. I'd also CO fewer stitches so the neckline comes up a bit further on my shoulders. I'd also turn the bottom hem into a shirt-tail hem with short rows.

The pattern was easy to follow and Lily sent out an errata as soon as she had one. She also offered to help with any aspects of the pattern that may have been confusing.

No comments: