11 February 2008

It's the Year of the Rat...

First up is Sophie knit from Patons SWS in Natural Pink.

Knit this in a few days, didn't get around to fulling it until a few weeks ago. Promptly gave it to a friend who likes it.

A big thanks to my uncle for the Michael's GC for Christmas. I've been wanting to get some SWS to play with and that GC went to that use.






Moving right along to the Koolhaas hat made for K in Washington. I knit this in two days, and loved the knit. Loved it.

This came about because I knit K a tea cosy for her and her girlfriend out of Wool of the Andes in Claret Heather for a belated Christmas gift and... Well, K wanted to wear the tea cosy as a hat! (Okay, it's not that strange of an idea, seeing as I used the Noro Hat pattern. In theory, I'm getting action shots of the tea cosy... Eventually.)

(And yes, I lied in one of my previous posts... I have no self-discipline.)






And finally, my socks. I'm working on a pair of Waving Lace socks from Favorite Socks by Interweave Knits (cover pattern). This is out of Austermann Step, a sock yarn impregnated with aloe vera and jojoba oil.

I was having a bit of a go with the second sock, but now it's going. Especially because I've denied myself any new sock knitting (torture! I got some Colinette Jitterbug, Apple Laine, Mega Boot Stretch, and Trekking XXL because of other people's destash that's waiting to be used!) until this paiir is done.
I'm at the point where I'm ready to work on another pair of Pomatomus (maybe this will be the pair that lasts!) either in the Trekking XXL or in some WildFoote, Lilac Desert colorway. But I also want to work on a pair of Clessidra in the pile o' WildFoote Jungle that I have left from a mom-gift years ago. torture!




I'm also working on, but have no (current) photos of... Birch in Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud, colorway Moss, and Henley Perfected in Knit Picks Elegance, colorway Oatmeal.

I finished the North Roe shawl(PDF), and that's going to be frogged to become an Icarus shawl, I think. I am in frantic search of a good bind off for shawls. The standard bind off is too tight, even when I jump needle sizes, and the idea of doing the sewn bind off for an edge that long would make me want to stab myself with the darning needle. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bind of the first stitch in the normal way, create one chain stitch, then bind off the next stitch. You can add the extra chain in between each bound off stitch, or space them out at regular intervals. It will put more elasticity into the edge of the shawl